Sunday, May 1, 2011

Facebook is coming to the Rescue Can we Bloggers too?

 I just was reading over on Facebook about the people that are finding personal data of the people in the ravaged Tornado areas of the Southeast.

 I see Facebook has a group that are posting the data on line for people to see and find to recoup from this devastation.

Pictures and Documents found after the April 27, 2011 Tornadoes (92)

So far, 76,324 people have responded.  A news channel is also mentioned.
 I see 9 bloggers have signed up as liking this.

 Thomas and all can we not step up and help.   I was reading reports and seeing where some seem to be talking about same papers or pictures and I was seeing some people that were looking for information.
 One young lady lost her grandparents and was hoping to collect back something of her Grandparents.

I think we need to get the word out to a large base of people and so people do not toss what they find away.  There is even a store in one town that has opened it's doors to store items until families can be found.  The real true American  Spirit.

 I have not heard if we had damage to any of our many bloggers communities or families.  I have heard from some of my distant kin in those areas and so far God has spared those I have heard from.
 I have a Scott cousin, widow of my cousin who lives in that lower portion of Va I have yet to hear from but no news is good news I think.

I just think we need to get this information out to televsion stations, radio networks, blogging people, genealogical and historical societies so that more can be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment