Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tombstone Tuesday, with regret. Fowlerville MI

I found a massive well kept cemetery in Fowlerville, MI. I had hoped to wander the grounds and see what I could find. 

Alas, there has not been enough time.  I know there are many small towns around that are very old and may be holding clues for others. 

I do want to say that they have a Livingston County Genealogical Society that meets in Howell on Thurday evening. LDS Church facility. I was thrilled to learn that for the budding genealogist and accomplished both.

The recent post in the Fowlerville News & Notes Oct 23 states that it's next meeting is 3 Nov. They have a theme for that night " Genealogy of a Home".  The speaker is from the Library of Michigan  and begins at 7 pm. It is open to all whom wish to attend.

Meeting place is Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, 1041 Grand River in Howell, MI.
A phone to reach someone is:  810- 227-7745.

Here is hoping this is some help for those looking for information with in this local area.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Wesley, I miss you all terribly. I hope things go better for you. Don said you had lots of tragic things to endure. SusiCP@cox.net or SusiCP1@gmail.com.

      Delete