Saturday, May 5, 2012

An Ancestor I Most Admire is Calvin Fay Jones


An Ancestor I Most Admire is Calvin Fay Jones
By Susi Jones Pentico

           Calvin was born in 1843, at Rensselaer County, NY.  They moved, pre 1860 to
          Nunda, McHenry Co., Ill. 
          His brother and self, enlisted in the Union Army*. His brother killed at Murphysboro,
          Tenn. and he seriously wounded, buried, found and later walked back to Illinois. Listed
          as dead, retired medically from massive injury, he re-enlisted and lost his pension for
          30 years.  He served six weeks and mustered out healthwise.***
          Moving to Chickasaw Co. Ia, marrying in 1868**, Hannah Young. They farmed  & raised
           horses for the Army & six children. Death came in 1910 my Grandfather almost 20.
         

          
** Marriage record in my files.
*** Medical records in NARA Files in my home.

           

No comments:

Post a Comment