Friday, November 2, 2012

IOWA, JONES KIN & RESEARCH

Iowa, Jones Kin and Research

This weather of a late brought about a strong need to check my files and see what is current and what is missing.  This is normally an Every January Thing.  Yes, I attempt every January to go through my tree and see what is missing and what has been found.

Why both you ask?  Because it shows you the progress you have made, when you may feel you have made none.  Mom was a stickler for showing your accomplishments. Of course, that is a building esteem thing.

Thing may not be the right word but it fits. Esteem is a funny critter to work with, in us humans.

So I am learning when January comes this year I will have done more than I expected in many areas, not enough in others.  That is not new either, we still are humans.

So my recent adventure sent me looking for a George MADISON and wife Hulda J Madison, which I strongly believe is Susan Madison JONES brother.  In so doing I found him yet and still only that one time in the 1870 census near Susan Madison Jones and her husband NOYES JONES.

In looking for him I went back to my list of kin in this area and have acquired with the help of a friend researcher in Iowa, photos of my ancestors graves, land records not previously searched, and now looking for maybe an Obit for NOYES JONES or SUSAN MADISON JONES.  Actually I will take any obit on any of this family in search of clues.

I did get a tidbit that implied George or at least his son George H MADISON may have gone back east not liking Iowa lifestyle and married. Found by friend researcher in Family Search, I never find anything there. Only with Sister Ruth when LDS on Robinson Ave. SD, CA did we find stuff with her awesome help.

I have Marriage records, death records, family personal stories, pictures shared and had hoped by now to track down the picture of Noyes JONES and Susan Madison JONES that hung in  Walter Charles Gritzner's Grandparent's home when he was young.  His mother was HAZEL JONES GRITZNER, I believe my files in box will show she was the daughter of Alva Jones and Zelia Augusta Noble.
Alva was born 15 Dec 1874 and died 30 Dec 1963. I did not find him before his death and I was looking too.  I have Walter's obit etc.

I have Alva's college records, I have much data that Walter shared with me. I know have pictures of his tombstone and hers. I did not think to ask for Walter's not sure if one up yet.

Nora, b 1870 May, d 1958 March. the oldest of Calvin and Hannah's children m Iver JEPSON, had many children and moved a few times too, Cousin Ed Robert's is from her.

  George b 1872  whom mar Belle Fox had children and moved away for a bit also, I am told.  Need to dig out the boxes of research prior to computers.

 Walter Jones b 1880 d 10 Dec 1846. He shows on the 1880 Census as 3 months. Marries Elizabeth Spooner then had: Ruth, Calvin and Fay.  I am in touch with one downline descendant of this line.

LaMont(e) Earnest Jones b 14 August 1882 Pearlrock IA d 1 Feb 1939 California. married
Lulu Maybelle Torrey she born 2 June1884 d 19 July 1953 California.
He is my Grandfathers' closest brother.  I can tell stories about what they did.  He was seriously injured in a race to a cattle grate and later was a grocer and then moved west to work.  He had 6 children and I talk with the youngest one ever so often. He also lives in CA.

Carl Fremont  b  10 Oct 1888 Iowa, died 12 March 1962 Casper, Wyo.  was married to his wife,
Victoria Mae (Ida) Foulk 18 Jan 1913 in Albert Lea, Minn. Have Certificate.  She dies in Cheyenne, Wyo. 1990? I saw her the year before she died.  She divorced Carl and later in life married
Charles NORRIS the State Senator for Wyoming.   After his death she remained a widow.
She lived with me for several months at a time and I got to know her quite well.
They had 6 children, they are all gone now but one girl.

As I post the names of the children and their children it is hoped I will find some missing links to this family of Calvin Fay's and Noyes Jones.  Calvin's mother is ever elusive  but you  never heard anyone say a bad thing about her or towards her.  Susan Madison JONES where are your parents and siblings?


For all my cousins help I say thank you.  I have met some and hope to meet more of you.

1 comment:

  1. Typo in above about Walter JONES he died 10 Dec 1946, they lived in Minn.

    Also Carl Fremont Jones was my Grandfather.

    ReplyDelete