Friday, July 12, 2013

Friday's Recipe from Mom

Friday's Recipe from Mom, may have come from a 4-H Cook Book.  She taught us Cooking, along with Sewing and Ceramics.

It is summer time, we do not need the heat from an oven.  Enjoy

Cookies without Baking

2 C Sugar
1/2 C Butter or oleo
1/8th tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Milk

Boil this ingredient one Minute.

Add

3 Cups Oatmeal
3/4 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Tsp Vanilla
1/3 Cup Cocoa

Nuts may be added

Mix well, Drop on greased wax paper or cookie sheet, stand until firm.

Now comes the fun part. I have made this so many times that I learned to vary the recipe.

If can not have Cocoa leave it out,  add wee  1/3c more oatmeal or
coconut can be used.

I have left out the peanut butter and used almond butter and coconut.

I have made this double batches easily.

I have added raisins to the original mixture.

It is a recipe you can play with and find many variants.

This was given to me when I left home a married woman in the early 1960's. But we had been making it for years already. In fact sent it to him overseas.

When husband went over seas I moved back home, starting our own home when he returned in 1961,
Lemoore Naval Air Station Plank Owner meaning original base member no. 54.


No comments:

Post a Comment