Okay family we are going to try an different approach. We are missing some things that just might help us crack up our brick wall.
1. I heard from Mary Myers, what a delight.
2. I have gone over some older documents and may have found a clue missed.
3. As I am looking at sources we are critically lacking Church sources. ????? Anyone
Yes, I have tombstone pictures and church where buried for some but lacking what we
truly need for solving some questions.
4. Family chose a certain person as ancestor via their research. Missing that the 1820 census does not fit the bill but it could just be an normal error of lack of knowledge .???
5. I wish the Sister of John Myers that was in the county next to him, family would recontact me.
My system died and I have lost their address. John Myers was in Troy Grove, ILL. His sister was
next county over, according to the communication I received from them in early 2000's.
6. So we need to look for a female Myers descendant around Troy Grove, Ill. prior to his death in 1865.
7. John Myers(Meyers, Moyer, etc) stated to his children he was born near Harrisburg, Dauphin Co.
PA. They wrote this on paper we believe after his death to not loose more information on family.
8. We have a birth date discrepancy, we have a mother name discrepancy.
9. Surely someone in the family had more data but never coughed it up as important.
10. John's wife was SARAH ELIZABETH (JANE) FOULK b 28 July 1813 Perry Co. PA.
11. I find them on census 1840 Rye Perry Co. PA.
HOME IN 1840 (CITY, COUNTY, STATE):
Rye, Perry, Pennsylvania
FREE WHITE PERSONS - MALES - UNDER 5:
FREE WHITE PERSONS - MALES - 30 THRU 39:
FREE WHITE PERSONS - FEMALES - 20 THRU 29:
PERSONS EMPLOYED IN AGRICULTURE:
FREE WHITE PERSONS - UNDER 20:
FREE WHITE PERSONS - 20 THRU 49:
TOTAL FREE WHITE PERSONS:
TOTAL ALL PERSONS - FREE WHITE, FREE COLORED, SLAVES:
John Myers stated he was born near Harrisburg, Dauphin Co. PA.
Father supposedly Valentine and wife (?) written in family records was Betsey Blessing/er Moyer, Myers, Meyers.
There is one listed here. Only 1 I have looked for a long time for any other.
HOME IN 1820 (CITY, COUNTY, STATE):
Hummelstown in Derry, Dauphin, Pennsylvania
August 7, 1820
FREE WHITE PERSONS - MALES - UNDER 10:
FREE WHITE PERSONS - MALES - 10 THRU 15:
FREE WHITE PERSONS - MALES - 45 AND OVER:
FREE WHITE PERSONS - FEMALES - UNDER 10:
FREE WHITE PERSONS - FEMALES - 10 THRU 15:
FREE WHITE PERSONS - FEMALES - 26 THRU 44:
FREE WHITE PERSONS - UNDER 16:
FREE WHITE PERSONS - OVER 25:
TOTAL FREE WHITE PERSONS:
TOTAL ALL PERSONS - WHITE, SLAVES, COLORED, OTHER:
The oldest boy would by John ? Looking for guardianship approval and settlement of estate after the first picked guardian of the above mentioned Valentine rejects guardianship.
Lots that just doesn't fit story. But lots to be rechecked and dug deeper into.
Desperately need names of children which should be in Guardianship papers. That also would rule this Valentine in or out.
( Theory only) Did Valentine marry Betsey B and she die after John born then marry Catherine Jones and she had the other children? Is that why it was stated Betsey Blessinger was his Mom?
Or did family get generations backwards writing them on paper in Bible.?
12. Church of God was the listed faith. We have pictures of Sarah's family buried in cemetery and the church in Perry Co.
Any help appreciated and if your a Myers Meyers, Moyer, Mayer, variant from this region please share if anything rings a bell or even may potentially be kin.
We need to locate the sisters.
This line seems to go back to Berks Co. PA which is where the Folk line also was from.