Sunday, July 31, 2016

Jacob Scott Cumberland Co. KY and family in Will, Yes.

JACOB SCOTT
Know all men by these presents that I Jacob SCOTT of Cumberland County and State of Kentucky being poorly in health of body but of sound mind and memory do make this my last will and testament in way and manner following First I five to my son Martin SCOTT one roan mare and coalt [sic] to him and his heirs forever Secondly I give to my daughter Fereby SCOTT one bed and furniture which is at my son's Wileby SCOTT token and her heirs forever. Thirdly, I give to my daughter Leurany SCOTT one bed and furniture and bed stead [sic] to her and her heirs forever. Fourthly, my wish and desire is aft my death that my land and all my stock of hogs and cattle and farming tools and household furniture be sold at a credit of twelve months and after the money is collected and all my just debts paid forty dollars be reserved for my son Ephaim to buy him a horse beast and the remainder of the money arising from the sail [sic] to be equally divided amongst all my children Polly MCCALLEY and Solomon SCOTT and Nancy SCOTT and Wiley SCOTT, Martin SCOTT, Fereby SCOTT, Leurney SCOTT to them and their heirs forever. Fiftly, I give to my daughter Nancy SCOTT all my sheep and all my fowls to her and her heirs for ever [sic]. Sixthly my present crop of corn to be sold and equally divided as my other stock. I nominate and appoint my naibors [sic] Philip LAWSON and Clemant SCOTT to be administrators of this my last will and testament and all wills that may have been made by me heretofore revoked and this stand as my last will and testament. This 17th of Ocy 1834.
Signed and delivered in presence of
Phillip LAWSON
his
Ephraim Prewit
Jacob X Scott
Solomon Prewit
mark
Kentucky Cumberland County
I James HAGGARD deputy Clerk of the Cumberland County Court do certify that the within last will and testament of Jacob SCOTT deceased was proved in open court in the January Term 1835 examined approved of and ordered to record and proved by Philip LAWSON and Ephraim PREWIT and ordered to record and the same is entered of record in Will Book "C" p 138
Given under my hand this 10th of February 1835
James HAGGARD

No comments:

Post a Comment