Saturday, August 13, 2016

Another Cross Over R I P Charles Faber, Mary Hoffman's descendant.


Hoffman/Huffman news--------  I am sharing with you.

Long ago my Mom had a relative she would hear from at times.  As I was helping her with her research I was able to learn a bit about our family.  This cousin exchanged mail with Mom.

Henry Hoffman and Elizabeth Higgins Hoffman had several children, one Sanford Hoffman married , served in the Civil War, came home and moved to Iowa. Taking wife and children and a sister and her family with him. Very probably others at this time unknown. It was a wagon train because Great Grandfather shared his experiences with the family.

Sanford and Rachel Plants Hoffman's younger daughter, Mary Hannah Hoffman married Andrew C. Faber. Mother remembers this family of course because this is the family she wrote to .

Federal census
They had  several children: Reuben S, 15 in 1910 census, Richard A is 9, Lucy M is 3.
in 1920 is shows:  Richard is 19 and Lucy is 13.
in 1930 only Andrew and Mary are living at home.

State Census shows 1 Jan 1925
Andrew 59 Mary H 55 and Lucy M is 18.
The great news is: Nicholes Faber is shown as Father born in Germany and Mother is Annie M Anderson born in Illinois. Marriage was in Ill.

In 1930 the daughter Lucy Faber is  living with family  O  D Duvall . She has become a School Teacher.  When she and  Mom first writing I have no idea. Nor do I know what happened to the  letters Mom had in a shoe box from her.

Her brother Richard C. Faber, mar 30 Aug 1922 Wayne, IA, he married Inez McAlister
1940 United States Federal Census - Ancestry.com
Shows Richard A., Inez M, Vaughn B 15, Charles F 13, R Bruce 7, and Irvin E 6.

Advance several years and Mom asks me to write to Lucy and she puts me in touch with Vaughn.
I recall someone saying Lucy was not well. When in this I am not sure.  I accidently left a box of genealogy at my Moms when they cleared home, it got moved and we forgot to pick it up.No Idea if my brother has it or not.
I then wrote to Vaughn for a long time and called and we chatted many times.  We both have a daughter named Candy, Candance. His children looks like some of mine.  He got busy with farm and hauling grain? and I went back to work so have lost touch. I need to reconnect with him.
Where did the time go?

******
Charles was Vaughn's younger brother.  He worked with me on the Higgin's line of the  family and a couple of other lines.
Learning yesterday morning that Charles has passed over and is no longer in discomfort. He was a marvelous cousin and shared so much. He will be truly missed.

Having used FACEBOOK for genealogical work I was able to locate his daughter a few years back and we keep in touch.

Mindy his daughter wrote an awesome  Obituary.
http://milward.mem.com/Obituary/7045040/106184426/106225782?title=Obituary

 Iowa, Births and Christenings Index, 1800-1999 - Ancestry.com

U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007Lucy Faber Harvey


 1920 United States Federal CensusLucy Faber

1910 United States Federal CensusLucy M Faber

1930 United States Federal CensusLucy Faber

Iowa, State Census Collection, 1836-1925Lucy Faber

Iowa, Births and Christenings Index, 1800-1999Lucy May Faber

No comments:

Post a Comment