Alas the over use of same names can drive one to make sure you are doing deep breathing exercises while do this.
My files show this: Teague and Ruhamana ( Wampanoag) Jones had at least 6 children.
Josiah, Ruhamah, Elizabeth, Samuel, Jeremiah and Teague Jr.
My records indicate we are from Josiah. b. 1762 Yarmouth, Mass died 1744 East Greenwich, RI.
Wife was Elizabeth Berry from Richard Berry and Alice (? ) Berry.
Sojourners Web Site She helped me alot. We talked weekly often for years.
Again records say we are from Seth 4th born child. Wife was Priscilla Hamilton or Hamblin?
Depending on paper, suspect same varied spelling?
Mabel Hewitt has his first born as Silas Jones Sr. She also said probably 3 children. Because I originally was tracking direct line I did not watch for siblings. Being this was done in the 80's and 90's when some of these early researchers were alive and I spoke with them on the phone several times.
Since later learning I have a brick wall I have been tracking backwards and also tracking forward from Teague for clues.
We have done DNA also. Thanks Zak Jones for all your assistance. FTDNA.com
Silas Jones Sr was born 11 May 1721 Greenwich, RI. m 21 Nov. 1742 East Greenwich, RI. to Susanna Sweet. Daughter of Benjamin Sweet and Margaret Hammert.
Name: Susanna SWEET
Birth: 3 MAY 1725 in E. Greenwich, Kent, RI 1
Obviously this Susanna Sweet married at the very young age of 16. She went on to have ten children, all of whom seemed to have married and had families of their own.
1790,1800 census records NY
RI vital records 1750 and later
Mabel Hewitt and Hulda Allen data
Rensselaer Co Historical Society files in drawers
Bennington Co Vt files in library drawer
Melanie Richards data shared
information orally from Sand Lake Historian NY Jones descendant
american Genealogical Bio grahicl index b 1720 RI vol 93 page 238
1760 Kent CO> RI East Greenwich- Ratable
1777 kent Co East Greenwich p 007 RI 1777 Miltary census index
1790 Stephen Town Albany NY
1800 Petersburg NY Rensselaer Co NY to be
1790 Silas Jones Jr in Stephen TOWN NY
Marriage 1 Silas JONES b: 11 MAY 1721 in pr. E. Greenwich, Kent, RI
Married: 21 NOV 1741 in E. Greenwish, RI 2 3 source no.'s.
1. Abel JONES b: 16 MAY 1743 in E. Greenwich, Kent, RI
2. Roscum Rescomb JONES b: 18 MAR 1746 in E. Greenwich, Kent, RI
3. Noel JONES b: 14 APR 1748 in E. Greenwich, Kent, RI
4. Martha "Patty" JONES b: 19 OCT 1749 in E. Greenwich, Kent, RI
5. Salmon Zalmon JONES b: 3 DEC 1751 in E. Greenwich, Kent, RI
6. Norman JONES b: 1 JUN 1754 in E. Greenwich, Kent, RI
7. Laban JONES b: 15 AUG 1756 in E. Greenwich, Kent, RI
8. Abigail JONES b: 26 JUN 1758 in E. Greenwich, Kent, RI
9. Silas, Jr. JONES b: 26 APR 1760 in E. Greenwich, Kent, RI
10. Samuel JONES b: 9 NOV 1762 in E. Greenwich, Kent, RI
11. Benjamin JONES b: 23 OCT 1765 in E. Greenwich, Kent, RI
I have picture of house Silas Jones Sr built in RI. He put date of building on the chimney.
Thanks to a cousin in Los Angeles area. Who spends time in RI in the summers.
1. Text: A. Children of Benjamin and Margaret (Hammett) Sweet, births and birthplaces from Vital Records of R.I., 1636-1850, Vol. I, Kent Co., by James N. Arnold (Prov., RI: Narragansett Hist. Pub. Co., 1891). Many other Jones records are also found in this volume of Rhode Island Vital Records.
B. Children of Silas Jones and Susanna, his wife, from the above source and from the original copy of vital records sent from E. Greenwich Town Clerk, RI.
2. Text: Marriage of Silas Jones and Susanna Sweet, dau. of Benjamin 21 Nov 1741, E. Greenwich, RI; m. by Dotor Mowry, J.P., Record from Division of Vital Statistics, R.I. State Dept. of Health, E. Greenwich Town Clerk's Office, E. Greenwich, R.I.
3. Text: A. VITAL RECORD OF RHODE ISLAND, 1636-1850, Vol. I, Kent County, by James N. Arnold (Providence, RI: Narragansett Hist. Pub. Co., 1891), p. 75 - Entry 3-162, states m. by William Hall, Justice, May 11, 1721.
B. Same record, same page, for marriage of Susannah Sweet and Silas Jones, Nov. 21, 1741. Entry 3-147.
C. Same record, p. 158, for births of children of Benjamin (of Richard) and Margaret - names: Benjamin, Susanna, Susanna, 2d, Thomas, Margaret, and Jeremiah.
Marriage to: Susanna Susannah Jones (born Jones Sweet) Spouse: Silas Jones Nov 21 1741
• Wray Family Tree, MyHeritage 
Jones Genealogy Facebook Group:
Jones Surname Study WikiTree
Not everything seems to be factual but I have posted where I have been.
Our situation is who was Noel born 1785ish near Albany, NY parents.
He claims himself as father of my Noyes Jones b 1809 in Record Book I have copy of his note in the Vital Records book.
We find Noel, Susanna and baby Noyes in the 1810 census.
Never again to find.
Now the town historian cousin said we were from Noel Jones, not found that factual yet.
Another cousin said Noel was from Roscum/Roscumb. Still not proving it to my satisfaction.
Ancestry.com - Rhode Island, Wills and Probate Records, 1582-1932 is the only item I find on Abel Jones for Will data. But I can find the potential of Noyes being in Abel's home in 1820 thru 1830.
His children were raised and suddenly he had a child under 12 in his home in 1820. Did he raise Noyes.
There is a NOEL JONES that left this area went to Utica, New York then to Alleghany Co. had 5 wives and his oldest was according to papers Noel Jones b 1812.
Noyes grew up in Petersburg, NY. We find him and wife prior to his moving to Ill then to IA.
Today I got a note from someone looking for Susan Madison(Mattison) Jones nephew. George Mattison, her nephew and Horatio N Mattison is the brother.. I did find her brother was in Iowa for one census and moved back to NY/VT area. Any one with Mattison would love to hear from you.