Thursday, February 23, 2017

Wandering through the Debris, A True Find. FOULK /KERNS

Wandering through the Debris, A True Find contact SusiCP@cox.net

Several years ago before family was separated by jobs and life, I had found relatives of my Great
Aunt Alvina Foulk Kerns.  I sent them pictures of what we had gotten when my Dad passed on.

Yesterday, another treasure trove was unearthed as I dug to the bottom of books and boxes.

Family is adjusting to more members and thinning out has begun.

If anyone out there has knowledge of any of Great Aunt Alvina Foulk Kern's husbands' family of today. I would appreciate contact.   They did not have children but it seems they had kin in California if I recall correctly.  His name was Willis Kerns and I believe he died in Wheatland, Wyoming also, as she did.

Also will be making copies of all the Foulk pictures in her photo album.  It has a Great Aunt's funeral service in it.

Yes she was born in Iowa, as I understand it, near Waterloo, IA. She lived and died in Wheatland, Wyo. Her mother was Margaret Mae Eastman Foulk Archer.

Yes, that place that made national news this morning because they had received 12 inches of snow over night and it was still snowing when I talked to my Aunt Doris Hoffman at 10 am.  She figured they may have as much as 15 inches if it did not stop.


Not sure but the funeral may have been of Blanche, Dad just said it was my Great Aunt.  At one time and maybe in other files I may have the name.  Why you say do I not have this.

I had a back up drive fail and was told the data could not be retrieved.  The computer of way back then has been gone for more than ten years.

Much they do not tell you when you move from pen and paper to computer is, one needs a massive lesson on what a computer can do, what you must be alert to do and back up more than 2 ways.

My bottom thought was it was not meant to be kept. It was a lot of work that I refuse to re do again.
Much is in my brain so solid because I knew almost all of Grandma's siblings.  Dad was adamant that
we knew our relatives. Because until he was adult he only knew part of one side of  his family.
Then we learned about many of them.  I wrote my Great Grandmother until she died January of 1958 in Iowa. The US Government lost all those letters, many of the letters my other relatives shared and my husband's while he was away at sea or over seas.


Foulk, Kerns, Jones, Rice,  and other collateral cousins . Please contact me if you would like copies of pictures or know how to contact his family in case they would want any copies of these pictures.

1920 census Wheatland, Wyo area.

Name:Alvina K Foulk
Age:10
Birth Year:abt 1910
Birthplace:Iowa
Home in 1920:Election District 9, Platte,Wyoming
Race:White
Gender:Female
Relation to Head of House:Daughter
Marital Status:Single
Father's name:Harvey E Foulk
Father's Birthplace:Illinois
Mother's name:Margaret M Foulk
Mother's Birthplace:Iowa
Able to Speak English:Yes
Attended School:Yes
Neighbors:View others on page
Household Members:
NameAge
Harvey E Foulk52
Margaret M Foulk47
Arthur W Foulk21
Belva L Foulk19
Claude A Foulk17
Blanche E Foulk14
Ira E Foulk12
Alvina K Foulk10
Herbert E Foulk6


No comments:

Post a Comment