Sunday, January 7, 2018

The Year Begins,,,,,,


The Year Begins,,,,,,


Yes, we lost a cousin John Thomas, Aunt Marie Pentico Thomas' son,  and our Hoffman Aunt lost a brother in Colorado, to be buried in Wheatland, Wyo.

Brought to my attention I do not have her maiden name in my file, shame on me.  See these are the types of slips we should not do. I know I have been told this name before. I suspect it all on my old paper files.

On Dad's side we still have a Great Aunt alive in Greybull, Wyoming.  Shasta you are so blessed to still have your Mom.  I love her so much.

So we have one(GAunt) on Dad's side and Uncle on Mom's side both still with us.

Not getting cards mailed this year, but reading the notes we did receive, made me wonder how much of our immediate family keep track of their Aunt's, Uncles and Great Aunt's and Uncles, cousins etc.

Our Great Grandchildren (2) have some living distant kin.  I asked many did you write a card to our Aunt and Uncle a Hoffman in Wyoming. Or just think  of immediate family. We are so blessed to have them and all the stories he can tell about his time in the WAR and afterwards.
The great stories he shares about his growing up memories of My Mom, Your Grandmom, Great Grandmom or GGgrandmom.

Have you told your children about these people? The sacrificing things that our past ancestors did to make us whom we are?  Small is not to little to share these stories, teens it is more important so they can be more grounded about themselves,  adults even are excited to learn things their ancestors did.

Did they found a college?  Yes, one did. Were their any Doctors? Yes. Nurses Yes, Farmers, yes,
Writers, Yes. Opera Star, yes, she sang at the pier when the boats left to go to war in WW2. What about our Famous Painter, Yes.

So when you look at your children and grandchildren you can see why some are into theater and plays, health care, politics,  agriculture, and the list is even longer.  We have some rather well known writers in our lineage, a few presidents of old, a couple of famous Indian lines.

Do your children have knowledge of these things?   Sometimes knowing others have accomplished it give the youth the strength to stretch their wings and become someone like our ancestors in our past.

This  applies to all my cousins, nieces and nephews, brothers and sister.

I so thank my cousin Don Morelli for the photo's he sent.  Wondering if he remembers Dad chased us from the Dam back to the house yard so many years ago.  We were chasing pollywogs, about 4 and 6 or so in age.  O yes it was a dangerous thing but we wanted to see if they had grown since we had seen them last.  Don had banty chickens and many, many kinds.  They are tiny little full grown chickens.   He is my Aunt's son, he has two brothers and we all grew up near each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment