Saturday, August 18, 2018

SWEET 's and their Wives.



Going to post a few tidbits on the SWEET lineage.    I did some work on it and a cousin has done much, much more.

Robert Isaac SWEET m Johanna RICHARDSON, obviously in ENGLAND and died there.
His birth was 1552 Walford Forest, Greater London, England.  Death Greater London England
.

son John ( I am sure there were others but not done any heavy work yet.)

John b 1579 Modbury, Devonshire, England d 1637 Salem, Plymouth Colony, Mass.

Wife was Mary Westcott HOLLIMAN b 1681 England.

My note I acquired leaves my confused. (Mary was a Holliman after death and a remarriage new name.  Sweet , Timothy1st then Holliman then Sweet, John . 1619 Middlesex England married??

usnational marriage records Ancestry.)

I gather this to mean she was either a Westcott or a Timothy before marriage then Holliman  after his death then SWEET.

John SWEET JR b 1620, Modbury, Devon, England   d 1677 Salem, Mass.
wife Elizabeth JEFFREYS b 1629 Warwick, Kent, R I  d 18 Sept 1684 Warwick Kent RI, 
mar RI.  

Son Richard SWEET SR (Pastor)  4 Nov 1653 Warwick, Kent, RI m 1687 Prudence Island, Newport, RI
d 10 Mar1744 East Greenwich, Kent Co. RI.  

Wife

Priscilla CARPENTER   b 24 July 1661 Rehoboth, Bristol, Mass,  
D 9 June 1774 East Greenwich, Kent, Rhode Island.

her father appears to be William CARPENTER and Mariam. 

She was 2nd wife  

1st wife was Mehitable Larkin 

Would love to learn more about the CARPENTER line since I have another CARPENTER in 
southwest PA.  Also more clarification on the SWEET missing links.

I also have no data on Jeffreys line beside Elizabeth.  Thanks

SusiCP1@gmail.com.



1 comment: