Sunday, July 14, 2019

60 Years Can You Fathom That?



     Way back in 1959 I met this marvelous fun and kind person. We married within 6 months and well the rest is History.

      He proposed at least 3 times before I finally accepted. God, I am so thankful that you sent him my way.  He was already in the service for more than 4 years and was wanting to do it as a career.
Fortunately having an Uncle in the USN I was aware of what that life would be like. I also had an Uncle or two that married Dad's sisters in the Army. One I knew was career and I loved that family very much.  So with eyes open and heart pounding, I married this marvelous man.

We made it through deployments, births, extended cruises and all the things that go with Military life.

Chuckling, the only new place I have seen with him military was Hawaii.  All other places my family had been.  We did get to  Iowa after a cruise one time.  Otherwise we or we the family was somewhere in California for all those years, this house since 1970.

We raised five children. An Eagle Scout, works in business with a Degree, a Life Scout, who makes jewelery and worked for the US Government.(Many Awards) and a girl that turned down a full ride Scholarship to a Designing school that wanted to send her to France. She was the first person whom wore her design to her interview for acceptance to the school. Her Croque's were the US Olympic Teams design that next year. , The next child went to Travel school in Florida and decided she didn't want to do it either.  Both have been successful in their alternate careers. The youngest became well known in the Roller Skating World and in County Business since an adult. He and his older brother both made it to Lincoln, NE for Nationals in Skating, Dance, and Figures.

They have blessed us with ten Grandchildren, 8 boys and two girls.

The Grands have started marrying and we have two Great Grandchildren a boy and a girl with another on the way. We have 3 married, 1 engaged and looking forward to what the future brings us.

Several of the Grands have graduated from college and some are still working on their degrees.

 Our home is ours.

Since my DAD said it wouldn't last 2 years, I hope he  sees we are still working now towards 70 years.  Our parents are all gone since 2005. I have one Great Aunt still with us, Wyoming, also my Uncle's wife Auntie in Wheatland, Wyo is still sharing time with us. He passed last fall was a Paratrooper during WW11.

Much of our parents generation were affected seriously by WAR, several of them. It seems no better in our current generation. And no better for the younger generation either.

Blessings to All.  Thanks for all you have done help us to get to this place, everyone.

Love you Fred.

No comments:

Post a Comment