Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Sarah Jane (Elizabeth) Foulk and John Myers Family.

 First a brief history of this family which is quite large, on the Folk /Foulk side.
John Folk born 1740, Lancaster, PA. only one source looking for more.
died 14 April 1793, have his Will and Land records and some REV WAR papers.
Greenwich, Berks Co. PA
He marries a widow Mary Magdeline Strock Armstrong, rumor said she had at least 2 small children.
I have much Strock information thanks to Bob Strock of Ohio.
She takes her family to Cumberland Co., Pa near her brother and where her Father had lived.
Father died and I didn't capture the data, Need to go back and do that. names YOST and PHILIP STROCK. others also. Marriage was 3 April 1762 , papers say he was a Dr. ?
He served in Rev War via Bucks Co. PA.

I am a duel descendant of this family.  From both Peter and Phillip Folk/Foulk.

Peter Sr. born June 1773  I believe Greenwich area, Berks Co.  He dies 4 April 1823 in Rye Twp. Perry Co. Pa.    Will p 97 Vol A Perry Co. PA
Family always said wife was Indian...
My Grandmother said she was taught many Indian remedies past down from her. I wish I could remember the ones she shared with me.  I do remember the one about the plant that makes cough drops. My Aunt Etta's husband's grandmother was from Switzerland also and she taught Bob & Don Morelli and I.
Catherine OHLINGER 12 July 1774 Bucks Bucks Co. PA born and 7 Jun 1855 died Rye Twp.,Perry Co. PA.    pictures of their graves.  Anyone have major proof?

Peter had Peter Jr, Sarah (Elizabeth) Jane, John, Samuel, Joseph, Ann, Susannah, Catherine, Elizabeth, Mary and Henry, in my files.

Peter Jr  25 Jan 1803 Perry Co. PA  death 13 Aug 1885  Blackhawk Co. IA married Susanah(Susan) Martin Showalter, ( she was adopted).9 Dec 1805'6, Martindale, Lancaster Co. PA
death 3 May 1886 Waterloo, Blackhawk IA.

Peter Jr and Wife, had: William Henry, Matilda (Mythaler), Mary M(Gordon), Sarah J  (HESS), Susan C (Dener)., Levia F.

William Henry m Katherine Myers and that is my family.

Now back to Peter SR.  his daughter Sarah Elizabeth  (Jane) 28 July 1813  death  21 Mar 1860
Church of God,   Troy Grove., Ill.  Husband is our John Myers, so that is my other link into the lineage.

John Myers will be another whole situation.  Anyone with connection can contact me at SusiCP@cox.net   I am the daughter of   Ray Dee Jones Sr, son of Victoria Mae (Ida) Foulk Jones Norris, her father was Harvey Edward the son of William Henry Foulk.  I did attend the Reunion in McPherson, Ks with my parents and Ken and Dolly Foulk of Montana. Dad's cousin.

This is well sourced except for more information needed on OHLINGER connection.

This is the census for John and Sarah Foulk Myers. They died in Troy Grove, ILL.



John Myers
HOME IN 1840 (CITY, COUNTY, STATE):
Rye, Perry, Pennsylvania
FREE WHITE PERSONS - MALES - UNDER 5:
2
FREE WHITE PERSONS - MALES - 30 THRU 39:
1
FREE WHITE PERSONS - FEMALES - 20 THRU 29:
1
PERSONS EMPLOYED IN AGRICULTURE:
1
FREE WHITE PERSONS - UNDER 20:
2
FREE WHITE PERSONS - 20 THRU 49:
2
TOTAL FREE WHITE PERSONS:
4
TOTAL ALL PERSONS - FREE WHITE, FREE COLORED, SLAVES:

Now that is a FACT. 


No comments:

Post a Comment