Sunday, June 4, 2017

Martha Hoffman/Huffman Gallentine Rum/Rhome

   

Henry and Elizabeth Higgins Hoffman had several children.  One I am  digging into now that I gave up on in the early 1990's is Martha.

She married Jacob Gallentine, (I read in book in Waynesburg Library he went to war. He did not come home, Maybe died on the  ship that blew up in river). After his not returning she married William Rum  census says Kum.  Most ancestors write Rhome.

Family Search, Deeds, Wills, court papers left me looking for oldest daughter whom was to be in charge at Martha's death.  Ellen Gallentine had been tracked to Nebraska and poof no more data.



The children are under William Rhum rum   age 36 she is 40 Jacob was in WAR  goneSAVE  PRINT SHARE
Martha Kum


View/Add alternate info
Name:
Martha Kum
Age in 1870:
30
Birth Year:
abt 1840
Birthplace:
PA
Home in 1870:
Springhill, Greene, Pennsylvania
Race:
W
Gender:
F (Female)
Post Office:
Rogersville
Value of real estate:
Household Members:
Name
Age
26
30
11
10
5
2
9.12
SAVE  Cancel1870
PO Rogersville, william Rum 26 she 30

I spoke to Rex Gallentine's wife several times and they had no records on Jacob either that she knew off.  I do write to and communicate with the Dennis Rhome's family in Ohio.

Anyone who has more knowledge on this family and the children of Jacob and I suspect the last ones were William Rhome's?? But unless he kept family together he was to get nothing I have Martha's Will.   Ellen and Annie were Jacob's children for sure.

Martha died in 1881 was born 20 Mar 1839.


No comments:

Post a Comment