Sunday, December 6, 2009

More on Santa and Xmas

I remember a Santa and a coke ad that came out one year and that created quite a buzz.
I remember when I was 8 and the war was over my uncles had returned home to hospitals and family care. I remember money was very thin then. This year we got a larger doll each and my aunt had been told about it and so helped Santa by making some clothes to fit the dolls. I remember this Christmas very well. I had a stocking with an apple and orange and two walnuts in the sack with a peppermint candy cane. I still have that doll.
I am not sure if any clothing survived.
Yes Santa exists in the hearts and minds of many, God is very good to us.
We need to be a more thankful nation. I was blown away to read in the Parade magazine that 25 cents a year would give some country villages water all year.

IT is truly a time for real giving not wanting.

No comments:

Post a Comment