Monday, November 19, 2012

Alva E JONES Additions. My Great Uncle.

 Alva E Jones (Edgar)    Father Calvin Fay JONES Mother Hannah  Young JONES

On Alva's W W 1 Draft Registration it states he is 44 years of age. He is an Auto Dealer, Self Employed.  Maybe Edsel?

His birth is listed as November 15, 1874.   Happy belated Birthday Great Uncle Alva.
Wife is Zelia Jones Nashua IA. ( I have her maiden name as NOBLE.)
Serial No. 1220   Order No. 507
14-1-14 C Registrar's Report.
He had blue eyes and light brown hair..  Medium build, medium height.
He was registered on 12 Sept 1918. County of Chickasaw, State of Iowa New Hampton IA.


1880 Census
Alvie  age 5 born IA
Bradford, Chickasaw, IA
Son
Single
Father Calvin Jones  b NY
Mother Hannah Jones *Young* b ILL
at home
Calvin Jones 27
Hannah Jones 30
Nora Jones 10
George Jones 8
Alvie 5
Walter 3 m

1905 State Census
residence 1905 Chickasaw IA
 1915 State Census
 residence 1915 Chickasaw IA

Ancestry.com - Mason City Globe Gazette (Mason City, Iowa)
Mason City Globe Gazette( Mason City, IA)
Charles City,-- Alva E. Jones was honored with a party on his 87th birthday a the Chautauqua Guest Home where he is a resident.  Three of his daughters who were present for the occasion were: Mrs. S. V. Ohm, Floyd; Mrs J. W. Timmons and Mrs Charles A Griztner, Plainfield,
His other children are Marie Jones, Osage; Howard, Mt Vernon, Ill; and Harold, Indianapolis, Ind.



Alva Edgar JONES b 15 Dec 1874 Chickasaw IA
dies 30 Dec 1963, Charles City, Floyd, IA

Ancestry.com - The Nashua Reporter (Nashua, Iowa)
9 Jan 1964  Alva's Obit in paper.
ma Zelia Noble 31 March 1897 in Nashua,IA
survived by four daughters and two sons: Mrs. Carl Gritzner, Plainfield, IA
Miss Marie V Jones, and Mrs. Sid Ohm both of Floyd, IA, Mrs Jess Timmons, Charles City;
Howard L Jones of Mt. Vernon, ILL and Harold A Jones of Floyd.
Also surviving 8 grandchildren and 20 great-grandchildren.
Preceded in death by his wife in  1939, a daughter Mildred, in 1949, four brothers and a sister.


Family if you see this please contact me.

SusiCP@cox.net


3 comments:

  1. I have an old photo on my wall now of Calvin Jones and Hannah Young Jones. I am Toby Jones, son of Fay Walter Jones and Lucile Mae Anderson Jones. I am in Tucson, Az., but born and raised in St. Paul, Mn. My mother Lucy passed away in 2012. You probably know my sister Shelley also doing genealogy research.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an old photo on my wall now of Calvin Jones and Hannah Young Jones. I am Toby Jones, son of Fay Walter Jones and Lucile Mae Anderson Jones. I am in Tucson, Az., but born and raised in St. Paul, Mn. My mother Lucy passed away in 2012. You probably know my sister Shelley also doing genealogy research.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toby Jones, all these times I have been in Tuscon, shucks. I loved your MOM. Lucy was such a terrific person she visited I think three times. Think I got note Shelly H has birthday this month.??
      Please contact me Toby JONES please. SusiCP@cox.net

      Delete