Saturday, April 14, 2018

Wyoming is the Topic.. Scattered tidbits, photos, etc.

Being a major Facebook user,  it fills the gap from when we did the Golden Gate Forum and Joe's site afterwards.
 I was born in Wyoming, Yes, I am a Cowgirl.  Yes, I love horses and animals and the country.  I love the green trees, the rolling hills, the steep mountains and all that in between.

 If you want to learn a bit about Wyoming you may want to turn to Facebooks' pages on Wyoming through the Lens.



I retreat here when all else fails.  Sure it may be cold, and windy at times but the people are really down to earth real people in every town or city  having been in for over 70 years. It has been 2 1/2 years since last trip but one is going to come up par summer time.

Relating this state, to much of what Michigan has to offer.  It is not over run by people. You have open space and lots of beautiful things to see if you just open your eyes.  Yes, both get snow and wind and in summer more wind and heat and lakes and trees and arrrgh a few snakes here and there. Those I avoid with a passion. It has the Oregon Trail running through it. It has ghost towns, ranches, mini towns and lots of socially friendly people.  The Ranch I started on The Diamond Tail Ranch is still in existence and has turned partially into a ?Dude Ranch. I was last there in 1958 with my parents as part of my graduation present. Greybull, Wyoming.

This state holds many of my families relatives but probably not as many as Iowa or Pennsylvania does.  Which brings in Facebook even more.

I have been able to connect with family I have met before, meet people I know of but never met, seen faces to put on names, shared data amongst each other, expanded our family trees many times over with the terrific help of Facebook. 

Yes, I even found family on the Wyoming through the Lens page. The old story of leave no stone unturned can really be used on Facebook and it's many sites we can share.

While not going to put pictures from the pages here but take a bit of time, a cup of coffee or glass of water and set back and enjoy some of the most beautiful sites in America. 

There are many historical places to visit and learn about our history. Laramie and Laramie Peak my cousin took me up to see. What a site to see so far out across our country. It was like at Yellowstone and I could see into both Montana and Idaho standing in Wyoming.

Lots of Cattle/ Sheep battles were fought here early, tis sad that they could not see both could get along.  Our Indian ancestors had lived well in Wyoming and were moved into Montana and S. Dakota.  

A picture done by our  kin used to hang in the Hall in Cheyenne for the Governor.  Ancient prehistoric dinosaurs are constantly being found all the time.

It has some awesome rivers, the SNAKE being one. Old Forts, Laramie being put back to original state when our GGrandfather Sanford Hoffman was there for a bit. Dad punched cattle over that ground before the state reclaimed it. He gave us a good view of what it was like in the 30's etc compared to what we were seeing today. I think somewhere in the piles of pictures I have inherited there are some.

Do not forget Cheyenne Rodeo Days in July.  I have never been but Dad rode horses there as did my Uncle.

No comments:

Post a Comment