Friday, October 30, 2009

Talking about a Blogger's site try this one. New York

Recently while hunting more clues on my JONES/MADISON/MATTISON line, Bill Zimmerman from the Stephentown Historical Society, NY shared this site with me.

http://www.stephentowngenealogy.com/

It is well filled out with much data, and even though it is a private site done for everyone she has done a remarkable job of collecting data, displaying data and asking for others to share data to help more people. I spent an hour and was not through looking at all the information that is here.

There are family information sections, Wills, bibles, cemetery, census records referenced to and the best way is for you to check it out yourselves. Many pictures, genealogies, tombstones, Diary's, Church records, and items I have not seen on other sites before.

Remembering that this area is next to Mass. and Vermont it may help many researchers in more than New York.

I hope those who have not found this site will learn as much as I have from it. A great site to browse through and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment