Sunday, November 14, 2010

Surnames on Saturday Jones Wives

Saturday was a good day to think of surnames unfinished. Wow, I have a lot of them.
Now if I was to copy all the data out there on the web many would appear to be complete.
We know that is the thing not to do, they can only be guides to the discoveries one should make
on their own. I have used a few when documentation is presented an researcher has given
permission.

Whom was Alice Berry's parents she married Richard Berry and lived in Mass. 1645 etc.
Daughter Elizabeth Berry m 5 Mar 1656 Yarmouth Mass to Josiah JONES b 1652 Yarmouth Mass
They were in East Greenwich R. I by 22 October 1696. He was gone by 1744/45.

Who was Priscilla Hamilton (Hamblin)'s parents and which name is right?
She married Seth JONES who was born abt 1693 in Yarmouth died East Greenwich, Kent, R. I.?
As you can see I have little on her for charting, lots of potential on paper but no proof, to
many have taken story and made it written as fact so the truth is distorted.

Who was Susannah (?) JONES married to NOEL JONES born about 1785 near Albany, papers say?
She is the mother of Noyes JONES b 1808--9 1809 in court documents and 1808 on tombstone.
She only shows once to my knowledge on the 1810 census in Rensealer Co, NY. With her husband
and Noyes as small child not yet 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment