Saturday, July 30, 2011

Surname Saturday-- John LEWIS in VA and Sw PA

Trip to Carlsbad Library accidentally gave me a clue or two on JOHN LEWIS. I was not there to research this person. I spent a year on him and family in the early 1990s. I have two floppy discs of data, but never learned a couple of critical items to confirm which of about ten John LEWIS was related to my family.

Today as I was looking for data on LEE up pops data on a "John LEWIS" then up pops where he served in Frontier and what his mothers maiden name was and his siblings names. Go Figure.

I knew this was the one I was looking for because his brother in law served in this Frontier Ranger group also and was stationed at the same place.

 There was more data there which I read with great relish. Next trip I will get a picture copy and add to my files.

 The settled in the same area in sw Pa after this service.

 I have more than one Lewis line and more than one John Lewis. But this one is now established.

Now to master getting the small discs to open and I can retrieve rest of the data.

My other LEWIS line is in Lower VA area to Cumberland Co. KY area. Harriet Lewis ' DAD.
She marries Shaddrack Scott born in Pittsylvania Co. Va to John and Sophira Murray SCOTT.

John is the son of Thomas Scott of Halifax Co. VA at time of death.

No comments:

Post a Comment