Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Day is Past- the Holiday Not Yet

Christmas Day is Past- the Holiday Not Yet

The day of Christmas is past but the holiday is not yet over.  Most Christians celebrate until 6 January.

Somehow all having to do with birth not when celebrated and pagan holidays intermixed.

This Christmas has been a hard one for me to wrap my mind around since it is now a year since I saw my mother alive last, at least I think that is why.

 I  always look forward to the joyous music and the attitude of most of the world.

 It always seemed people were more careful with their words at this time of the year.

 It is a  beautiful season for the world to rejoice in.

 The winter is beginning and so is the life for our souls. There are many parallels in the one and the other.

 Looking out side we had a, "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear", night.

 Being graced with a book about Christmas Cards a few days ago I thought I would share
 this little historical tidbit with you all.

 Having wondered when cards first appeared to mark the celebrating of Christmas.

 Someone found it on Google books and it is a free ebook.
 
 Christmas cards & their chief desingers by Gleeson White

Christmas cards & their chief designers - Gleeson White - Google Books

No comments:

Post a Comment